Slip with MiNT

    For those of you that read c.s.atari.st (.tech), I appologize for
the redundancy.
    I'm having problems getting slip to run.  When I run slattach, I get:

% slattach -t /dev/ttyb -r 128.2.111.207
pid  47 (slattach):  pipe_lookup: name `sys$pipe.003' not found
pid  49 (iflink): if_ioctl: sl: no such if
ioctl (SIOCSIFLINK):  invalid function number
connot get interface name

    I'm running MiNT 1.10h with Mint-Net 053 on a TT with 4 megs of ST
ram.  I get this error even if I haven't set up the host for slip, so I
suspect that it's something wrong with my setup.  Do I need to do
something special to the modem2 line in my ttytab file for slip?  I've
tested the loopback using udpprobe, which works fine, but if I try to
ping localhost, I get "socket: access denied."

Thanks,
David