Re: Network number scheme/Dead list?

  There is a standard. Its a set of library routines called xdr. I don't know i
  mintnet supports these though. Try man xdr on a unix box for more info.

  Dave Halliday.

Well, I guess it's a standard, it's really just a part of the Sun RPC spec.
Since there is Sun NFS code for MiNTNet, and NFS uses Sun RPC, I would bet
that you can use it.

But... If all you're doing is sending integers back and forth, you don't need
it. Just use htonl/ntohl and htons/ntohs for formatting longs and shorts. On
a big-endian machine these are no-op macros, on a little-endian machine they'll
swap the byte order around. Also if you're sending floating point numbers
back and forth, I would still avoid XDR if you know that all your target
systems use IEEE format. Just about everything in the world does...
  -- Howard