Re: split biosfs.c into several XDD's?

 Huhu!

> Great idea! That way it would be very easy to do support for the drivers.

 My saying... :-)

> Do you want to include these drivers into the mint kernel, or do you see
> them as real external drivers? I think, it would be better to have a working
> version of each inside the mint kernel. Also because the init code should
> sort out the right devices to install we would really need them linked in.

 *THAT* would also be possible from a "real" XDD. If the majority would like
to have them linked in, it would need some minor changes in some initialization
routine, but also in the way new XDDs are loaded now: They can only *add* a
new device of a different name, but not *replace* another one with the same
name. Since I would like them to be easier supported, say easier be changed
to something different, I'd like them to be real XDDs. And I would like them
to be hardware orientated, not device name orientated. But one could argue
about that.

 Poor Eric, patches (or patch suggestions) must be a big pile to dig through
on the desk in the meantime, especially(sp?) if stories like this eventually
come true... ;-)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...