[MINTOS] fs tree structure (was: Re: MiNT goes UNiX, ... )

In <9401121159.AA14546@irz301.inf.tu-dresden.de>, Michael Hohmuth writes:

> > I like separating the UCB stuff from the generic from the SYSV, and would go
> > further, adding a /usr/posixbin for all those commands for which the posix
> > version differs from the generic/BSD/SYSV.

Stephen, what do you mean with generic ?

> I think that this should be mainly a concern of how a specific
> distribution organizes the binaries in /usr.  For the purposes of this
> discussion we should at most identify "generic" versions, and put those
> into either /usr/bin or /usr/ucb.  "Generic" in this context means
> "POSIXish" or "GNUish" or "BSDish" or "SysVish", preferrably in that
> order. :-)

As time goes by "GNUish" will be identical to "POSIXish".
What about:
"GNUish"   ->  /usr/bin (also some in /bin)
"BSDish"   ->  /usr/ucb
"SysVish"  ->  /usr/bin5

> "Generic" should also mean that /usr/local remains empty.  It should be
> up to a distribution to decite where to dump stuff not identified as
> "generic".

Regards,
           Waldi  (walra%moacs11@nl.net)