Re: MiNT goes UNiX, invitation for mailing list (MINTOS)

> >			BSD-Net2	DEC OSF/1		Linux

> >Mail spool		/var/mail	/var/spool/mail
>                         ^^^^^^^^^
> Surely you mean /var/spool/mail?

This was also news to me.  I took this from BSD-Net2's README.

> I like separating the UCB stuff from the generic from the SYSV, and would go
> further, adding a /usr/posixbin for all those commands for which the posix
> version differs from the generic/BSD/SYSV.

I think that this should be mainly a concern of how a specific
distribution organizes the binaries in /usr.  For the purposes of this
discussion we should at most identify "generic" versions, and put those
into either /usr/bin or /usr/ucb.  "Generic" in this context means
"POSIXish" or "GNUish" or "BSDish" or "SysVish", preferrably in that
order. :-)

"Generic" should also mean that /usr/local remains empty.  It should be
up to a distribution to decite where to dump stuff not identified as
"generic".

Michael
--
Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de