Re: Bug report. MiNT 1.07.

Stephen Usher wrote:

> (2) When MiNT is rebooted after successfully exiting, system soft-crashes.
>
> When MiNT is restarted after it has exited the following happens:-
>
> In TT-Med or TT-Low resolution bottom couple of lines of screen are
> corrupted. Programs which are then run under MiNT die with access violations
> if they run in ST-RAM. Sometimes the whole machine freezes.
>
> In other resolutions (ie standard ST resolutions) the screen memory isn't
> corrupted but the system dies as above.

I have noted a behaviour closely resembling the above, in
attempting to run my freshly-compiled MiNT 1.08. I've tried it
only in TT-med, and I only have ST ram on my system.

I used gcc 2.4.2 to compile the executable, with the -DMULTITOS
switch.

Abnormal behavior:

MiNT loads normally, then the Multitos welcome screen appears;
accessories are loaded. Then, just before the desktop shows up,the
system soft-crashes and all the accessories are killed. The
desktop appears, but the colours look slightly corrupted.

>From that point on, almost every application I've tried to run
crashed. Curiously, the landmines game that comes with the
Multitos distribution, worked. So did procalc.

At first, I thought the compiler or the minor changes I've done to
the Makefile could be at fault, but now it looks like it might
have to do with the source?

Regards,

Yves

Yves Pelletier                             ypelletier@cmc.aes.doe.ca
Centre Meteorologique Canadien      "I am resplendent in divergence"
Dorval, Quebec, Canada                                           D.B.

Not a CMC spokesperson.