Bug report. MiNT 1.07.

Just a quick bug report, I've not time for anything more.

Machine:- TT030, 8MB RAM (4+4), standard TT Hard drive + ICD adaptor and
85MB seagate drive on ACSI bus.

(1) When opening serial ports modem2, serial1 and serial2, modem1 is opened.

I noticed this the other day when I tried to use my own port of Kermit
5A(188). The same binary worked under 1.04 and possibly 1.05 (ie it was able
to open and use serial1) but accesses modem1 whatever serial device is
opened. The bug may have appeared in any version since 1.05.

(2) When MiNT is rebooted after successfully exiting, system soft-crashes.

When MiNT is restarted after it has exited the following happens:-

In TT-Med or TT-Low resolution bottom couple of lines of screen are
corrupted. Programs which are then run under MiNT die with access violations
if they run in ST-RAM. Sometimes the whole machine freezes.

In other resolutions (ie standard ST resolutions) the screen memory isn't
corrupted but the system dies as above.

Sorry I can't go into this further, I just don't have the time at the moment
to track these bugs down.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).  Tel:-
Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).