pmove, fmovem, etc.

> In examining the .spp files preparatory to modifying asmtrans to
> accommodate HSC's assembler JAS, I came across some instructions that
> neither I nor JAS had heard of -- ptestr and fmovem.x, with assorted
> unusual registers like tc and crp.  I gather they have to do with the
> MMU and the math coprocessor, neither of which I have (at least, the MMU

Yes, the p* instructions have got to do with the MMU, but the 68020/30/40
PMMU, wich is *not* present in 68000 supplied ataris, such as your Mega STe.

The f* instructions deal with the math copro, but ones again only with
that ones connected to 20/30.

> in my MSTe doesn't seem to have registers), and neither of which JAS
> knows what to do with.  Are these `030-specific instructions?  [and if

They work on 20ers, too - if you have the necessary copros connected.

> so, why aren't they wrapped in an %ifdef ONLY030?]  If not, how should

the pmmu stuff is only used, if memory protection is active and are never
called if not. (memory protection with the pmmu is never active on 68000
machines, such as MSte's)

> I translate them?  Just %ifdef them out?

Thats ab bad idea (if memory protection should still work on TTs and Falcons).
The only working way is to get a good book on
68030 assembly language (such as 'The 68030 assambly language reference
manual') an look for the binary representation of, for instance pmove.

Then you write instead of
	pmove ...
the following line:
	dc.l xxxxxxxx
where xxxxxxxx is the binary representation of pmove.

> 						-sbigham

have fun -- kay.