Re: 1.08, Pexec mode 200

>Hi,
>
>with 1.08, Pexec mode 200 reliably crashes on my system (just try something
>like Pexec (200, filename, "", 0L); -> memory violation). It seems that
>the new process tries to access either the basepage or the environment
>and crashes. Turning of MP cures that.

Hmm... I've had to go back to 1.07 due to this.

As an aside, it also triggers what MiNT reports to be a hardware error when
my login process is run under it (just as it checks the password, for some
reason. The same source runs purfectly when compiled on other m68k machines.
I must admit that it doesn't run correctly when run in TT-RAM under older
versions of MiNT for some reason (I've never been able to find out why),
though it doesn't crash, merely can't match the password.

>Any help appreciated.
>
>--
>Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
> eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).