Re: shared libraries for MiNT

> >The object format used by Lattice works exceptionally well, but I
> >suspect this would give big political problems since its the same as
> >the Amiga file format.
>
> :-). No doubt there are some people at Atari who might object on
> political grounds. But I think that Craig is unlikely to veto
> something just because it originated on the Amiga.

Frankly this was my opinion when we originally decided to use it, I
also had the casting vote though!

> > It does however allow arbitrary sectioning,
> >overlays, resident libraries etc. Its also extremely easy to convert
> >too since its very general.
>
> Is there a good reference for this object file format? The Commodore
> manual I saw seemed rather sketchy. Do the Lattice manuals cover it?
> (I don't remember seeing it, but I haven't really studied the manuals
> in depth...)
>
> Eric

The C= manuals ain't great, but they're a start; I'm going to try & get
permission to distribute the documentation I have written; in the past
it was supposed to go into a future product, but at the mo' we're way
too busy. If I do (and frankly I expect I will get permission) I'll go
ahead & post it here (tis pretty long though).

Alex.