Re: shared libraries for MiNT

>>... The advantage of DRI format is that most ST compilers can
>> spit it out, but if we can come up with a better format and a
>> conversion tool then we can go with the better format.

>The object format used by Lattice works exceptionally well, but I
>suspect this would give big political problems since its the same as
>the Amiga file format.

:-). No doubt there are some people at Atari who might object on
political grounds. But I think that Craig is unlikely to veto something
just because it originated on the Amiga.

> It does however allow arbitrary sectioning,
>overlays, resident libraries etc. Its also extremely easy to convert
>too since its very general.

Is there a good reference for this object file format? The Commodore
manual I saw seemed rather sketchy. Do the Lattice manuals cover it?
(I don't remember seeing it, but I haven't really studied the manuals
in depth...)

Eric