Socket library... is anyone working on one?

I vaguely remember someone saying that they were working on a BSD socket
emulation library for MiNT.

Is this that case?

If so and you have a sort-of working version I would like to have a copy as
I would like to add a syslog facility to my init package by porting the 4.3
BSD one. Either INET or UNIX domain would be fine.

If not, then I'll just have to rewrite the I/O routines in the BSD syslog
suite.

I have written my own, non-standard, rudimentry syslogd already, but I would
prefer to replace it with the BSD version.

Eric, any chance of getting MiNT to log messages such as all the boot time
messages (what xfs's have been run) to the daemon once it's started, just
like Unix? :-) It would be ideal if MiNT crash messages could be placed in
the file also, but that seems a little far fetched considering the system
would have halted by that time, so the syslogd would nolonger be there.

Steve
Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).