using another fs from an xfs

Hi all,

I was wondering what exactly you can and cannot do from within an xfs.
For example, I'd still like to write a UNIXMODE fs, which would be based
on TOSfs. Should I use a trick like ofake? Can I call GEMDOS through the
kernel structure to open a file? I can always copy TOSfs and hack on it,
but TOSfs still changes a lot, and it would duplicate a lot of code.
It would be nice to be able to do this sort of thing, I keep dreaming
of a zoo fs. (cd /z/a/newstuff.zoo;ls ;-)

Another question: Is it possible to use some sort of timer in an xfs to
periodically sync(), without using a seperate update process? Can I just
hook into a timer vector (vsync)?

Bart.
Bart Schuller    (NeXTmail OK) | What is a 're-mix?' "A total cheat"...
schuller@dutiea.twi.tudelft.nl | ..."A gift"-- when it's Frankie...         TCH