[Freemint-list] struct kerinfo extensions

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:48:32 MSD 2017

> Not sure I understand this, why would re-ordering have any implication on
> being able to call the function ?

That was just an example what should I *not *do, of course I'm not going to
do that (although from cosmetic point of view -- it would be much nicer to
have the pci struct next to bios/gemdos one...)

> Anyway, for XIF drivers you can just grab the PCI cookie and call the
> functions as any other module, as realistically the plan a while back was
> to port everything to kernel modules instead of XIF's, XFS's etc.

Isn't that even worse than just calling the traps directly? In both cases
(custom traps or cookies) I have to include a not exactly short list of
function declarations
<https://github.com/mikrosk/freemint/blob/rtl8139/sys/sockets/xif/rtl8139.c#L249>.
Now imagine there would be two PCI network drivers... and these very
declarations are already visible for all kernel modules, so it would make
sense, at least for time being, to make them available to XIFs as well to
avoid repeating the same defines over and over again.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org