[Freemint-list] m68k-atari-mint-gcc 7.1 status

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sat Aug 26 10:54:18 MSD 2017

On 26/08/2017 at 04:11, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> See my other post. I think that targets which don't define
> TARGET_LIBC_HAS_FUNCTION, or define it excplitly to
> default_libc_has_function (like openbsd) are also affected, but it
> have not verified it yet.
Great investigation!

With every new version, GCC uses new macros in config headers. The
defaults might not be suitable for existing targets, specially a.out. If
we reuse the old MiNT config file as is, we might miss some new
settings. It is what happened here.

Hint: When upgrading the GCC MiNT patch, to be sure that we don't forget
any new important define, I always compare the config file from another
m68k-aout target (usually m68k-netbsd) from old to new GCC version. IIRC
m68k-netbsd was the last m68k-aout target supported by GCC, I'm not sure
it is still present. I think that some a.out support is still available
for other processors too, that can also be a source of inspiration.

--
Vincent Rivière