[Freemint-list] File Info name issue

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 01:44:08 MSD 2017

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:38:59 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:36:10 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I think I have found a long filename bug either in Thing or
> > affecting Thing.
> >
> > When I tried to change the filename of a file with a really long
> > filename (38 chars) it is shown as  "        nd.MP3"
> >
> > Trying to check the file info on other files shows exactly the
> > same name instead of the correct filename or even part of the
> > correct filename.
> >
> > I tried quitting Thing and restarting it and the problem persists.
> >
> > This is with Thing 1.50 dated Dec 20 2015
> >
> > Peter
> >

> I also tried closing Thing and then restarting Xaaes from the menu
> and that clears the problem with the filename in the Info dialogue.
>
> Peter

I just found something else odd.

bash-4.3# mv 03\ Kingcrow\ -\ Adrift.MP3 03\ Kingcrow\ -\ Adrift.mp3
mv: `03 Kingcrow - Adrift.MP3' and `03 Kingcrow - Adrift.mp3' are the same file

I would have expected this to just change the file extension from
MP3 to mp3 but more worryingly the file has vanished:

bash-4.3# ls -l
total 51176
-rw-------    1 root     wheel    13590992 Sep 24  2015 01 The Mountain Has Ghosts.mp3
-rw-------    1 root     wheel     5371922 Sep 24  2015 02 Adkinson - Les Revenants.mp3