[Freemint-list] [MiNT] MiNTlib timing related functions behavior/performance (Thorsten Otto)

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 09:24:06 MSD 2017

On 27 June 2017 at 15:03, Thorsten Otto <admin at tho-otto.de> wrote:

> the only way to produce a warning
> only from mintlib, without changing gcc, is to declare the function as
> deprecated. Why would you do that for a function that belongs to the posix
> standard?

I didn't have anything as drastic in mind. :) I'd surround the function
with a wrapper triggering a #warning and this #warning would be surrounded
by an #ifdef allowing to switch it off (i.e. yes, your nightmare, adding
one define to the CFLAGS).

The scenario discussed is actually very common, I was bitten several times
when porting software by this incredible performance difference when I
forgot to check for it.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org