[Freemint-list] binutils 2.28

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sat Jun 3 06:18:40 MSD 2017

Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017, 03:52:11 schrieb Miro Kropáček:
> wouldn't be actually binutils the only component needed to produce atari
> binaries? I.e. gcc would produce elf binaries/object files and binutils
> would take care to convert it back to mint's a.out.

Yes, i think this is would be the way to go, instead of having to hack all
Makefiles in order to call an extra tool to do the job, like brown-elf does.
That would require lots of extra effort for all standard packages that are
used. It won't solve the issue for gdb though. If a.out support is dropped
from it, there is little hope that it is able to read symbol tables from mint
programs.