[Freemint-list] slip.xif?

David Henderson dh219 at aibs.org.uk
Wed May 31 14:58:59 MSD 2017

Hi Alan,

OK, thanks, so it’s not just the SLIP side of the XIF that’s the problem. Sounds like that’s a bit further than I’m ready to go for what was, at the end of the day, a bit of a kite fly.

Ethernnec was only pulling down about 250kbps on a good day and I thought I might be able to squeeze similar capability out of the SCC chip. Adam has pointed out the SCC suffers the same lack of buffering as the ROM port so that figure is a pipe dream anyway. Probably not worth pursuing in that case.

Now it has to be said, putting the serial stuff on the back burner and simply firing up with 1.19 instead of 1.18 has made a substantial difference. I’m now getting twice the throughput on the Ethernec (about half a meg), so I might have a look into building up a netUSBee variant instead as I rather like its smaller footprint.

Thanks nonetheless!

--
David.