[Freemint-list] Network regression with Aranym in last 1.19 new school builds

Philippe Noble philippe.noble at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:53:05 MSD 2017

The old school build from your link works well. No time out with network
connection.

I tested it by updating EasyAraMint b2 on Aranym 1.02 runing on Ubuntu.
I have triple checked to ensure that it was not a configuration issue.

This is the procedure I followed to update EasyAraMint b2 :
Version tested :
https://github.com/freemint/freemint.github.io/blob/master/builds/freemint/master/new/freemint-1-19-e61-020.zip

1- copy mint-e61.prg to c:/auto/
rename old mintara.prg -> mintara.prx
With autosort, ensure that NVDI.PRG is started after Mint

2 -copy directory /1-19-e61 to c:/Mint/

3 - From old directory c:/mint/1-18-0, copy to directory c:/mint/1-19-e61/
mint.cnf
mint.ini
keyboard.tbl

4 - From old directory c:/mint/1-18-0/xaaes , copy to directory
c:/mint/1-19-e61/xaaes/
xaaes.cnf

5 - In c:/mint/1-19-e61/
remove : lp.xdd, mini.xfx
Copy from /Aranym directory : nfeth.xif

6 - Edit u:/etc/ttytab
change line 9 :
console "/usr/bin/xaaes" tw52 on secure
by :
console "u:/c/mint/1-19-e61/xaaes/xaloader.prg" tw52 on secure

edit mint.cnf and correct the following :
Line 49 : remove from path "u:\boot\boot\1-18-0\xaaes"
Line 76 if you are not under Windows replace include
"u:\boot\boot\1-18-0\nfjpeg.cnf" by "exec u:\e\TOOLS\NFJPEG\NFJPEG.PRG"

After reboot, open Netsurf. Google will take a longer time to open that
usual. Do a query and open a page. Netsurf will take a very long time to
open it and eventually complaint that the connection was lost/reset.
Download a file with Litchi : download will be stuck for several minutes
and aborted ; the file transferred with be only a few KB.
Do the same operation with Mint 1-18-0, Mint 1-19-CUR old school (whatever
version) and it will be almost instantaneous.

Philippe.noble at gmail.com
www.philippeworld.net