[Freemint-list] TosWin2 fixes

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sun May 7 15:03:53 MSD 2017

On 07/05/2017 at 03:55, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> After the long battle it has been agreed that console output is caught
> only if the logging option is enabled

Oh. Indeed, if I check "log console output", it works as expected. So that's
fine for me, it means I didn't mess compilation stuff.

But really... This behaviour is completely dumb and non-intuitive.

In my humble opinion:

1) "Open console at output" should always do what it says, regardless to the
log file option.

2) If the console window has been minimized by the user, then new console
output should not maximize it. In all programs in the world, a minimized
window is considered just like an opened window: but the user chose to hide
it because it was annoying on the screen. Maximizing it on console output
violates the user's choice. In other words, manually minimizing the console
should mean: "Ok, I know there is console output. But I just want to ignore
that right now, even if I may look at it later".
On the other hand, if the user closes the console, then it will be
automatically reopened on next output. This makes sense. And if the user
doesn't agree with that, he just has to uncheck "Open console at output".

--
Vincent Rivière