[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Thu May 4 11:11:50 MSD 2017

On on., 2017-05-03 at 18:57 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:
> > - I can't manage to shutdown Mint correctly : I have tried EasyMint
> > shutdown and the one from Joska in Vanilla Mint, but at boot Mint always
> > complains that ext2 partition has not been properly shut down and check it.
> > Strange.
>
> Me and a few others have the same issue. No matter how you shutdown, the
> drives are checked at the next boot.

I use FAT partitions only these days, but I have an ext2-partition on my
Milan with my old EasyMiNT-install, and even if this partition has not
been accessed at all it's still dirty the next boot. This started to
happen sometime the last five years. The filesystem is the same, fsck is
the same. Kernel/kernel modules and harddisk driver has been updated. So
I suspect that the dirty bit simply isn't being cleaned correctly during
shutdown. Should be easy to check with a disk editor by someone who
knows exactly where the dirty bit is located.

Jo Even