[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Wed May 3 22:57:42 MSD 2017

> Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 22:17:07 -0300
> From: Philippe Noble <philippe.noble at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration
> To: freemint-list <freemint-list at mail.atariforge.org>
>
> - I can't manage to shutdown Mint correctly : I have tried EasyMint
> shutdown and the one from Joska in Vanilla Mint, but at boot Mint always
> complains that ext2 partition has not been properly shut down and check it.
> Strange.

Me and a few others have the same issue. No matter how you shutdown, the
drives are checked at the next boot.

> - Finally, when I try to format a floppy from Thing Desktop, it complains
> that "the drive cannot be locked" and refuse to format. No clue about what
> it means.

I've had an issue with Formatting for about 10 years. I can only format
a floppy from TOS. It used to work with 1-15-12 but has never worked
since.

> Now some cosmetic suggestions :
> Something which is not new, but is really hugly, is Mint printing the
> shutdown sequence directly on the AES background. If it can't be avoided,
> at least can't we wipe the screen to white.

I could never work out why that was changed.

Peter