[Freemint-list] restarting XaAES

Stefan Niestegge beetle at abbuc.de
Sun Apr 16 23:17:56 MSD 2017

Am 16.04.2017 um 03:56 schrieb Miro Kropáček:

> On 16 April 2017 at 04:39, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski at ish.de
> <mailto:helmut.karlowski at ish.de>> wrote:
>
>     Or sending a certain signal (kill -x <pid of AESSYS or whatever>) could
>     also be a solution.
>

> Yes, I wanted to suggest the same -- same as you can kill the X server
> in Linux for any graphics changes to apply perhaps you can kill XaAES?

Just tried that. The kill command doesn't accept any option other than
a PID.

i can kill apps like controlpanel, Qed and Aniplayer
but it has no effect on xaaes XaSYS or aesthread. Perhaps because xaaes
is a kernel module, not an application.

ctrl+alt+J brings up a "do you really want to"-box, so i have to grab
the mouse again.