[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 18:43:42 MSD 2017

On 17 April 2017 at 00:23, Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> The only confusion would be what to show at boot time in the menu
> since each mint folder has a different ini.

Yeah, if we're talking about changing the options (boot log, step by step,
memory protection, ...) the loader would need to do a bit more -- say you
get the list of kernels, you choose one and *then* you can choose the
options. Since we know from which folder the PRG is, we can safely
read/write its ini file as well.

To make this as clean as possible, maybe the loader could supply mint.prg's
work completely -- read MINT.INI from its folder, offer the menu to change
it, write it and always pass the parameters. This would unify the way the
kernel is started from Aranym.

However I can imagine some people being not so happy about this -- you'd
force everyone to keep MINT.PRG in $SYSDIR and *always* use the loader.
Sounds good to me (much closer to Linux's vmlinuz.img) but that's me.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org