[Freemint-list] fVDI driver for Amiga + Vampire V2: SAGA.SYS

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Sun Feb 26 14:26:08 MSK 2017

On sø., 2017-02-26 at 02:08 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> I have written an fVDI driver for Amiga + Vampire V2 SAGA HDMI output.
> Basically, this means that real Amiga + Vampire V2 accelerator give the same
> feeling as ARAnyM, including speed and high resolutions.

Amazing :) The only thing missing now is memory protection. My A600
would replace my Milan060 as my main TOS machine when/if that happens.
Just have to make an IKBD adapter for it. Does anybody know if the Amiga
serial port can be set to 7812 baud?

> See result there:
> https://s11.postimg.org/pev2e9kw3/saga.jpg

A suggestion: The green desktop has been an object of ridicule among the
Amiga fanboys for three decades now (they have no taste, just look at
their butt ugly GUI). What about showing a screenshot of what MiNT/XaAES
can look like? A nice backdrop, nice desktop icons, gradients, "modern"
software like zView, Papyrus and Netsurf...

Jo Even