[Freemint-list] Kronos: WinUAE vs ARAnyM

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sun Feb 19 11:43:07 MSK 2017

On 19/02/2017 à 05:02, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> which FPU module did you use from Khronos?

In the Kronos FPU popup, 68040 was selected by default in both cases, and I
just clicked on OK.

> Although both emulate a '040, the 68030+881 one usually gives much better
> results.

If I check 68881 in Kronos:
(compared to default Kronos PM8600 MagicMac 2.2 reference)
ARAnyM: 43003
WinUAE: 42216

So for this 68881 bench, ARAnyM is slightly faster.

> Also, atleast Aranym provides 3 different FPU emulation setups when
> configuring (IEEE, X87 and MPFR).

I used the official Windows/Cygwin binary of ARAnyM JIT 1.0.2.

--
Vincent Rivière