[Freemint-list] Three CPU targets for *everything*

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:14:10 MSK 2017

> Sorry, don't know why I mentioned the Milan kernel there. What I meant
> was that the generic 040 kernel works on the Hades040, Hades060 and the
> AB040. So if you have merged the 040 and 060 targets to a 040/060,
> shouldn't this still work on the AB and Hades? Why an AB040 target?

No no, this is just misunderstanding. I thought mintmil.prg is targeted at
Milan *and* Hades. If you say mint040.prg works on Hades, of course
mint4060.prg works, too. As said, there are no functional changes, just
minloader & CPU=020-60 (although Alan is not exactly happy about this CPU
thing).

Same with the mintmil target, it has always only been compiled for 040
> but works on both 040 and 060.

Yes, of course. This is still true.

>  will load too) and makes mintloader SYSDIR aware.
>
> What does this mean?

I used a simple hack to include "MAJOR-MINOR-VER" string into it. So it's
not stuck with the lame <boot>\\mint folder but can easily access kernels
from <boot>\\mint\\1-19-0 for instance.

So instead of having N separate archives or N separate AUTO folder entries,
you're fine with just one -- mintload.prg will automatically choose the
right kernel and yet you will have correct modules for your CPU (because
the whole archive is compiled for 020-60, only the kernel needs special
treatment).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org