[Freemint-list] $TEMP or /tmp?

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 02:13:47 MSK 2017

/tmp is part of the FHS but of course the user may choose to not to link
u:/tmp to some existing directory and yet still having $TEMP correctly set.
The usual solution (to a problem also present on Linux) is to always try
both, first the env variable, then hardcoded /tmp.

Also, there's mktemp which create files for you (and its libc variant,
tmpfile()).

On 30 January 2017 at 07:13, <jflemaire at skynet.be> wrote:

> I have a rather retorical question. For an application that will run
> only under MiNT (and probably only XaAES), is there any point in evaluating
> $TEMP (or $TMP) or can we assume /tmp always exists and is writable?
>
> Cheers,
> JFL
> --
> Jean-François Lemaire