[Freemint-list] Github transition finished

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 14:27:28 MSK 2017

> Well done! I fully appreciate the move. I want
> to ask if it is ok to become a listed member, even if one does not
> actively contribute code?

It depends what do you want it for, then. :-) Editing the wiki or
downloading code/binaries is possible with a normal account.

The general idea (or at least until someone comes with a better one) is
that the members should be people who actively change stuff, i.e. it would
become ridiculous to approve each change request -- for instance, if
someone is moving around and merging documentation files or reworking the
website. For all the others (corrections, fixes, features ...) making pull
requests is the way to go. Even I have pull requests pending and don't dare
to commit them without Alan's approval:
https://github.com/freemint/freemint/pulls

If this is ok for you, please add my github account, simonsunnyboy, even
> only to link to my slowly upcoming Atari projects hosted there.

Again, that depends on the projects. The fact right now the organisation is
full of strange projects is mostly because they have no home, no
maintainer, so they are waiting for someone. As soon as somebody says "hey,
I want to fix up Smurf to make it great again!" and will be active pushing
fixes, I think that's the time when the smurf repository will part with
freemint and become someone else's part of his github personal repository.
And if that someone will retire, someone else will fork his work etc... so
the repo wont "die out". What's on github, stays on github. :-)

So unless your projects are somehow beneficial for freemint environment,
there's nothing wrong with your personal repositories -- the FreeMiNT
project shouldn't be viewed as "the ultimate collection of all atari
related projects with sources available", it should be still
FreeMiNT-focused.

If I understood correctly, the mailing list will stay active for awhile
> from now?

Yep, and hopefully working, too. :-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes