[Freemint-list] atariforge

Rob M rmahlert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:51:39 MSK 2017

On Jan 19, 2017 12:22 PM, <wittau at lnxnt.org> wrote:

Am Do, 19.01.2017, 17:09, schrieb mfro at mubf.de:

> @Rob: although I didn't plan anything like this, if you'd rather shut
> down AtariForge (to save hosting expenses or something),

Just one "externeal" view from my side: I belive atariforge is a very good
thing to make Atari developments visible. It is also attractive to former
developers, and could become a real "institution" for our community with a
little bit more advertizing. To have a lot of projects noticable at one
place,  has some impact. So if possible (I cannot say anything about the
real usability for developments), and if it is not eating too much
ressources, I would suggest to keep it up and use it as far as possible!
Thats a lot better than having various projects scattered, and finally
fadeing away in the nebula of github, sourceforge, and other general FOSS
plattforms.
I would even be willing to donate a few bucks for covering the online
costs if needed.

That was my goal,  have one central place for atari development.

Hosting isn't the issue,  it's updating the system.  It's using gforge and
not free anymore.  It's been forked.. but don't feel I have enough
knowledge to upgrade. I'd also like to move it to a newer linux distro.
(Centos 6, sparemint is centos 5 in think)
But,  i also haven't had the free time.

Rob

Mathias