[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:51:25 MSK 2017

On 18 January 2017 at 08:15, Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 January 2017 at 00:41, Jo Even Skarstein <joska at online.no> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/philipashlock/mediawiki-to-markdown
>>
>> I believe this is what you need.
>

> Seems like perfect tool, thanks Jo.

OMG, how naive I was. :-) What an awful job. That tool was actually pretty
primitive, it couldn't even handle files/images correctly. So I ended up
dumping the whole database on the server, where I had to *hotfix* mediawiki
on the go because the installation is awfully old (nobody will convince me
that having own server is beneficial, ever), then use this tool:
https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md which has really inaccurate
manual so again trial and error and the the worst came. :)

Both tools (the one from Jo and this one) seem to rely on some kind
(deprecated/removed) github meta data which look like this:

----
-title: ARAnyM
-layout: wiki
-tags:
- - Platforms
----
-

or this:

[mintlib](mintlib "wikilink")

... so I had to fire up sed and fix this links and other stuff as much
automated as possible. Only to discover that the tool ignored anchor format
change (#The_Boot_Menu -> #the-boot-menu).

In the end, the result is not too bad:
https://github.com/freemint/freemint/wiki, even history is preserved (I
mean the original one, from sparemint).

--