[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:54:33 MSK 2017

On 17 January 2017 at 19:13, Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

> Those comparisons look good, so I grabbed freemint on gitlab before it
> goes even if we don't use it.

OK gentlemen, it's time for grand finale! I must thank all of you who
participated, now we have source of good names for at least three new
mint-related projects. ;-)

The clear winner with over 35% votes is ... FreeMiNT-OS. Followed by
SpareMiNT, FreeMiNT-Project and FreeMiNT-m68k. Other suggestions contain
"MiNT-OS" (pretty good one I must say), "Not using github at all.", "if
it's not available, don't move!!!" & "Do not move if the proper name is
taken!!!" (yep, two strong opinions like that ;)), "beeMiNT" (also a nice
one, was that you Philippe? ;)) and "Fm68k".

So what do we do? We place our repositories in github.com/freemint because
I convinced the original owner to give it up for us. ;) In return, I
promised him to clearly state our eternal thanks on the forthcoming
website, attributed to "Johann-Tobias Schäg". So here it is, I'm making a
public promise to keep my word.

In the following days I'll move & setup everything. I might even release my
highly experimental git binary for both m68k & coldfire.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org