[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

J. F. Lemaire jflemaire at skynet.be
Tue Jan 17 11:23:35 MSK 2017

This is slightly off topic, but what about GitLab? The Inkscape
project is also in the process of moving to git and there were a
recent discussion about the choice between GitHub and GitLab. The
consensus seemed to be that GitHub has more features but is less open.

Anyway, maybe freemint isn't taken on GitLab?

Oh, and I suppose case sensitivity is irrelevant for registering a new
project? I mean, FreeMiNT and freemint are considered the same?

Cheers,
JFL

On 17 January 2017 at 01:33, Jason Fergus <leech at thefnords.org> wrote:
> I personally would like atarimint, but as someone pointed out, the current Atari probably wouldn't
> like that.
>
> Maybe try contacting the other 'freemint' project lead on github and see if they can change their
> name?  Seems like that name doesn't really apply to that project.
>
> Otherwise, yeah freemint-os.  I generally have to search for 'atari freemint' for any subject about
> it anyhow.  Rarely do I find any information when I look up 'sparemint'.
>
> On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 08:04 +1000, Miro Kropáček wrote:
>> Yeah but any number could indicate that it's some kind of new version, new release, which is
>> (unfortunately) not. Literally it's just change of hosting which provides some nice services as
>> bonus.
>>
>> Btw I contacted github also about the name "mint", which seems totally abandoned, and nope, not
>> available for release. So I really don't get their rules.
>>
>> P.S. Anyone, not only contributors, is welcome to express opinion on the new name. It will be the
>> website/wiki/bugtracker you'll be entering every day ;) into your browser!
>>
>> On 17 January 2017 at 00:06, mfro at mubf.de <mfro at mubf.de> wrote:
>> > What about freemint21, then? Not taken yet and clearly shows where you're heading to ;)
>> >
>> > Gesendet: Montag, 16. Januar 2017 um 14:29 Uhr
>> > Von: "Miro Kropáček" <miro.kropacek at gmail.com>
>> > An: "Vincent Rivière" <vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr>
>> > Cc: freemint-list <freemint-list at mail.atariforge.org>
>> > Betreff: Re: [Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century
>> >
>> > IMO this is too long. Don't forget the organisation pages would be freemint-galaxy.github.io,
>> > wiki pages would be github.com/freemint-galaxy/freemint/wiki and so on.
>> >
>> > Although it seems nobody likes sparemint, it has it all: it's available, it's short, it mimics
>> > the old structure well (main website: sparemint.org / sparemint.github.io, wiki:
>> > wiki.sparemint.org / github.com/sparemint/freemint, sources: sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb /
>> > github.com/sparemint/freemint, bug tracker: sparemint.org/bugtracker /
>> > github.com/sparemint/freemint/issues ... sparemint everywhere!) so the old pages could redirect
>> > to meaningful urls (I hope to convert the old wiki somehow).
>> >
>> > So if you don't wanna sparemint, it must be equally or less short ;) "mint" would be cool but
>> > also taken.
>> >

>> --
>> MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
>> http://mikro.atari.org