[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:59:25 MSK 2017

On 16 January 2017 at 18:28, Jo Even Skarstein <joska at online.no> wrote:

> That's another thing - does stuff like HypView, Phoenix, Smurf, qed etc
> really belong to FreeMiNT? IMO these things deserves their own
> repository.

Very good point. That's what kept me thinking about the sparemint name, to
be, in a sense, an "organisation", not only the kernel. Somehow similar to
GNU -- SpareMiNT is our GNU. ;) The fact it started as an RPM distro is not
so important to me. So this "organisation" could contain anything related,
also stuff which got liberated under sparemint label. Freemint, mintlib,
gemlib and yes, the tools (smurf, qed etc) would share the same
organisation but have separate repositories (what is the case in CVS too,
by the way, they are different modules).

On the other hand, I don't see a problem with freemint-m68k (Alan, m68k
means ColdFire too -- for instance m68k-qemu is ColdFire *only*)  but then
my mind has hard time to convince myself that qed, smurf etc should be
under this label. :)

Also, don't forget about other stuff, not only qed and smurf -- fVDI, oVDI,
vlogin, ... all the forgotten repositories which are much closer to the
kernel... where would you want to put them? Under another "organisation"?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org