[Freemint-list] shel_write() causing memory violation?

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 01:02:20 MSK 2017

On 12 January 2017 at 07:43, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski at ish.de>
wrote:

> What exactly are you fixing? Running a ttp from teradesk when toswin2 is
> not running?

Yep. .ttp -> tw-call.app -> toswin2.app

> Just tried that: no problem, except there is an additional window with an
> incomplete error-message.

You must try it without fVDI / NVDI to see memory violation. If you try it
with fVDI/NVDI, you'll get "only" corrupted window. With my fix
(tw-call.app calls toswin2.app with wiscr = 0 in shel_write()) you'll get
no such behaviour.

It's because toswin2.app thinks there are some command line arguments
whereas there are not. So you see, it's quite a dangerous bug, you can't
blame solely the caller for that.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org