[Freemint-list] Cross Compiling Freemint

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:24:02 MSD 2016

On 26 October 2016 at 16:54, Thorsten Otto <admin at tho-otto.de> wrote:

> The problem with this it that this system is not only used by MiNT, but by
> all
> projects hosted there (mintlib, gemlib, cflib, toswin2 etc). Changing it
> would
> force all people involved in any of these projects to learn how to use it,
> and
> either have to take care which system is currently used, or forcing you to
> convert all those projects.

This is not entirely true. They are based on the same structure, yes, but
those projects do not depend on each other. I think you have this
impression from the fact that yes, the tools folder (toswin2 & friends) is
part of the freemint tree but cflib/gemlib/gemma and mintlib are separate
projects which needn't to be immediately changed.

I'm all for a clean and versatile freemint build, even if I have to learn
something new.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org