[Freemint-list] Cross Compiling Freemint

Markus Fröschle mfro at mubf.de
Wed Oct 26 10:27:23 MSD 2016

The MiNT build system is a little idiosyncratic, at best, and could well
deserve a massive overhaul, IMHO. I have been searching for the "magic
keyword" as well for a while that e.g. would make "make installdir" (or
similar) work, but it's just not there.

Even the earliest commits do not contain anything closer to that than
what we have today.

I believe it was Frank Naumann who originally created the foundation and
everybody just glued their extensions to it, taking care they didn't
break the whole thing, but no intent to make it any better.

I might be willing to volunteer trying to improve it, but this would
require extensive testing afterwards which I can't do (since I don't
have all the supported platforms available). Any chance for a joint effort?