[Freemint-list] [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:44:44 MSD 2016

> Was the code put on sourceforge then?  Would be nice if we could get a
> fully open sourced / active
> VDI replacement going and integrated better.

That was Peter's initial idea so he did create the project but then Alan
agreed it makes sense to put into SpareMiNT's CVS and... then nothing has
happened. :) Anyway, the source is not lost, many people, incl. me, have a
local copy, I've been wondering whether this isn't the right time to
finally upload somewhere else (sparemint cvs, atariforge, github...). But
having access to the CVS server would be better so we can have its history,
too.

Anyway, the development has been pretty stale past few years so for any
hopes you have you must fine an active developer first.

Would be fantastic if we could get more modern printing added.  I was able
> to get my last printer
> (HP 8500 Pro) working with a netprinter driver on my Amiga, but haven't
> been able to find a network
> printer driver for MiNT yet.  Though I did see that there is a google
> print driver?

Yeah, using a network printer driver you can print from your Atari:
https://sites.google.com/site/probehouse/download/phsw-Atari-software-downloads?pageReverted=123#TO1-PH-Easy-Remote-Print

I really need to get into programming so I can help out with some of these
> projects.

Please do. :)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes