[Freemint-list] Slow network speed

Jean-François Lemaire jflemaire at skynet.be
Sat Sep 3 12:59:38 MSD 2016

Hi all,

I've always had the impression that the network transfers on my FireBee
were rather slow. So today I tested it with the following command, on
both my FireBee and my Linux box:

wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test10.zip

And the result is 227K/s in 48s for the 'Bee and 2.08MB/s in 8.3s for my
PC. Now, the PC is connected via cable, while the 'Bee uses wifi. But I
don't think this may account for such a huge difference. My Android
tablet uses the same wifi and it's network performance is definitely
better.

My system:
FreeMiNT firebee 1.19a 4.4 falcon mc68060 falcon MiNT

Anyone can shed some light on this or even test it's own network?

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire