I screwed up and forgot I removed the traditional CPU fan cooler mounting bracket, So, I can't use the CPU fan I purchased.

arggh...

Rob

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
It's down again.

On 24/02/16 16:08, Rob M wrote:

I use to share a server for a while.
I'm running 5 virtual servers on it, cheaper to run it myself with 5 of then mark .

Rob

On Feb 24, 2016 10:42 AM, "Fred Horvat" <fmh@netzero.net> wrote:
I thought these were hosted off site somewhere?  That's what  remembered from an Atari  Tuesday Night Chat many years ago.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.org>
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Subject: Re: [MiNT] server
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:30:27 -0500

Not sure if you did the math on this yet, nor am I sure how busy the
server in question is, but some time ago I did the math on the power
consumption of my server and found it to consume over $35 in electricity
per month.  I also found that I can get a capable VPS that performs
better for $6 per month.  Just saying, that might be worthwhile to you.
 In fact I have a VPS that is for the most part idle that we could use
though there is only like 30GB disk free right now but most of the
consumed space is the atari mirrors (http://storage.atari-source.org).
I figured it was worth posting because it was a bit of a revelation to
me.  I always assumed hosting just had to be more expensive.

Mark

On 02/24/2016 10:15 AM, Rob M wrote:
> Looks like the cpu is over heating..   it will take a day or two for the
> new one to arrive.
>
> I have a water cooler now, not sure what's wrong. The fan and pump seem
> to be running.
>
>  I opened the case and have an external fan to try help cool it down. I
> reset the bios to reboot after a few minutes after it goes down for temp.
>
> Best I can do until the new cpu cooler arrives.
>
> Rob

Travel Guard® Insurance
Travel insurance for any kind of trip
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/56cdcf24c733d4f244724st03duc