[MiNT] Milan, latest MiNT and rtl8139

Hi,

I am trying to revive my Milan after many many years. It has an RTL8139 ethernet card inside for which ozk made a driver many years ago (rtl8139.xif: http://assemsoft.atari.org/rtl8139/index.html). Unfortunately network does not work anymore and I have no idea why. Ping says something like "Can't create socket, address family not supported". I don't know in which state my MiNT installation is, there are a lot of kernels flying around, lot of XDDs and XIF. Maybe even self compiled with some own code inside, who knows...

So I decided to put the system into a clean state. I renamed all XFS, XIF and XDD files and copied mintmil.prg, inet4.xdd, xconout.xdd, ext2.xfs to the relevant places. Now MiNT boots perfectly fine, but of course my rtl8139 card is no longer detected.

So I enabled the rtl8139.xif again which unfortunately leads to a crash as soon as network is accessed (invalid stack frame or something). It seems that this old driver no longer works with MiNT, right? But what other options do I have then? Which network card would work in my Milan? Would it be possible to integrate that driver into MiNT? Or should my setup work and I should really set the whole thing up completely from scratch, e.g. with EasyMiNT?

Would be nice to see my Milan back online!

Cheers, Ingo =;->