Re: [MiNT] Memory protection for the FireBee?

On on., 2015-08-26 at 21:50 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> BTW, why is it so important to enable memory protection on the FireBee?
> Sure, that would be cleaner, but would it change something for real users?

What's a user? I'd say that's someone who use the Firebee for other
things than testing. I develop all my Atari software on an actual Atari.
Debugging is not very easy when a simple mistake can wipe out the entire
machine... For that reason I've basically stopped using my Firebee. My
Milan may have a slower CPU, but I get things done a lot faster when I
get a sensible error message instead of a locked up machine when I f**k
up my pointers ;)

Jo Even