Re: [MiNT] Issue with Mint 1.19 and Litchi (maybe solved)

On 06/02/15 12:31, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> On 06/02/2015 12:21, J. F. Lemaire wrote:
>> I'm not sure Pierre and Olivier will appreciate their current
>> developments being called "old software" :-)
>
> I meant:
> Binaries built with previous versions of the MiNTLib, before the
> Fselect() change. This includes virtually all the SpareMiNT archive.
>
> This is a positive story, since it pointed out software using
> Fselect(1,...) in a questionable way and which can be improved.
>
> On the other hand, the recent kernel's Fselect() change broke 2 major
> current Atari software due to the API change, and that's a very bad
> symptom.
>
> So I really wonder if keeping the new Fselect(1,...) behaviour is a
> good thing...

Well, if it's helping identify problematic software, then it's all good.

And it's obviously software people are using which can still be fixed as
there are great developers still supporting such software. Kudos to
those folks !

So let's keep it as it is, I'd hate to go back and confuse things even more.

Alan.