Re: [MiNT] Sockets

Am 22.12.2014, 21:12 Uhr, schrieb Mark Duckworth:

What's with sockets on mint? It seems that the traditional method of creating a unix domain socket doesn't work but mkfifo actually is backed by sockets now. Are there any tips or tricks like forcing the application to create a socket in /pipe/? (that doesn't seem to work btw).

The fifo-behaviour in MiNT does not really work. I've just fixed most of it (I hope), there is still an issue with user-rights. Once I think it's all ok, I'll commit.

I tested things like this:

S=1
tmp=.
mkfifo $tmp/fi-fo || exit
($cat -n <$tmp/fi-fo )                             &
(print -n a; sleep $S; print -n bcde) > $tmp/fi-fo &
($cat  <$tmp/fi-fo )                               &
echo $? 1>&2
wait
rm -f $tmp/fi-fo

(derived from the ksh93-testsuite).

I don't know if that is related to sockets.

-Helmut