Re: [MiNT] Appl_search cannot return APP_SHELL

on 12/26/14, 2:42 AM, WongCK wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find out which desktop is installed on the Atari by using
> Appl_Search() function.
> ( should be Desktop on mine).
> However, the search for APP_DESK returns nothing.
> So I use APP_FIRST and APP_NEXT to step through all the running app.
> I find none of the app found are of type APP_SHELL on the stype output.
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?

This works on my system (NAES), per the TOSHYP:
http://toshyp.atari.org/en/Application.html#appl_search

' in GFA, not C
ret&=@appl_search(2,parent_name$,stype&,parentid&)
PRINT ret&,parent_name$,parentid&,"%";BIN$(stype&)

Output:
1               THING           7               %1010

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/