[MiNT] Recommended FS for 68k Freemint and other stuff

Hello
I am a Unix sysadmin by trade and interest, and I am toying with the Idea of installing some Unixy stuff on my STE.
Minix is find but it's unconfortable to work with and has no TCP/IP

My ultimate goal is to have a ready to disk image of a Freemint Installation with Apache 1.2.5 and telnetd, so that people with a Ethernec Network Card, and a Ultra Satan Disk, 4MB RAM can turn their old ST in a web server ( with no GUI)

I have started to fiddle around with Freemint 1.18, following the install steps mentionned at http://www.thebigconsultant.com/probe/sw-mintunix.html but I encountered quite a few problems.

First of all Xaaes just simply crash on my machine, I have discussed this here http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27040
When I use Freemint with the ROM AES, the keyboard input does not work.

My second question, should I use the MinixFS or ext2 on a 68k machine ? It seems unclear which of those is working with 1.18 on 68k machine. The Minix driver works but sends a lot of warning like this
http://imgur.com/ZhhYqWZ

My third question, is how to I avoid the kernel logs to pollute the console ? Do i need syslog to avoid that ?

Finally do the sparemint rpms also work on 68000s CPUS ?

Cheers

Emmanuel