Re: [MiNT] Vincent's TTY fix problem ?? Was: Re: Issue with daily snapshot Mint kernel

Hello,
On 11/10/2014 00:29, Alan Hourihane wrote:
Yes, that's fine to do, and it's not strange. It is expected behaviour
when you call Fselect(1,...) now.

If I understand well, Olivier used Fselect(1,...) to estimate the time slice? It worked by chance, as a side effect of the previous implementation.

I use it to estimate time slice yes, but I have try to replace result by 0 to see the reaction of MyAES and it work fine, this is just a way to better adjust MU_TIMER answer, not more, as I know Fselect(1,...) is not forbiden.

So there is something else, not mix problems, ok I should not use Fselect(1,..) to know timeslice, but use Fselect(1,...) cause issue in MyAES absolutely not link to the timeslice measure. I have try to do program test but I'm not able to reproduce the issue for the moment, I should probably try debug in Mint itself, I have done in the past to be able to compil Mint with GCC4 while it compil only with GCC2.96.3, it is not a very good memory!

Isn't there a better solution to know the time slice from user programs?
Anyway, I still wonder why user programs could need that information.

I'll put back the Fselect(1,...) fix in the kernel.

Fine!
So everything works again.

Not fine, ok MyAES work but there is possible other programs with problem, even I think this case is probably very uncommon. Imagine someone writing a new program and have the same issue how it is possible to link the issue with Fselect(1...)? I think he can search for month the problem! I update arround all years! If nobody prevent me very quickly I think I could search for a long time. There is perhaps a bug in MyAES (I don't think for this case) but we have not find explanation for the moment.

Olivier