Re: [MiNT] meaning of "pid (APP) drop frame"

On 03/24/14 23:42, Pierre Ton-That wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know the meaning of the message "drop frame" (with pid and app name) displayed sometimes in the console. I don't know if it's normal or coming from a bug in my softwares.

I have searched in the sources, but found nothing. I use MiNT 1.19 from Vincent's Rivière freemint-CVS-20140107.

That's a FreeMiNT kernel message from the FEC ethernet driver for coldfire.

It's just saying it dropped an ethernet packet as you have kernel debug enabled.

Nothing to worry about if it's just the once.

Alan.