Re: [MiNT] Samba working

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:05:19 , Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I have some fixes underway for this.
>
> Alan.

I've just updated Freemint and started my old version of samba,
I am not sure which version it is. I will update at some point.

I could connect from an XP laptop after a couple of tries instead
of the usual 10 attempts restarting samba.

The connection did drop a few times with the error above.
Samba didn't always respond to a restart and I had to kill the
processes which caused pid file issues (can see these with samba
status) but I don't know where the pid files are.

File copies are a consistent speed of about 2MB in 10s and I copied
43 files 95MB which would have taken about a week before Alan's
fixes.

MANY thanks,

Peter